Your child's lifelong adventure in learning begins right here.
They will meet new friends, learn from dedicated educators, and build the foundation for a world-class education.
As you get to know us, you will discover that we are passionate about making education better for our students. Our personalized approach to educating our students inspires them to discover their full potential in an environment that celebrates their individual strengths and empowers a community of learners.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment for students and staff
- Personalizing our students’ education by identifying and addressing each student’s unique academic, social, and emotional needs.
- Teaching soft skills like character education, teamwork, and collaboration that will make our students attractive in the workforce
- Providing students with technology as a tool for personalized learning including Chromebooks for each student in grades K-6.
- Offering a well-rounded curriculum that includes physical education, music, fine arts, and drama
- Giving students the flexibility of taking a variety of courses online through Online Catawba Virtual Academy starting in kindergarten
Accountability is Important
We strive for academic excellence, which is why we take the grade we receive on our NC School Report Card (an annual statewide measure of school performance) seriously. In addition, we submit our School Improvement Plan for review and approval as required by state regulations, and our team revises that plan’s goals and strategies regularly. Feel free to explore the links below.
- NC School Report Card
- School Improvement Plan
- Federal Programs (Title I) Information
- Blackburn Parent Engagement Policy
- Our Goals for Staff and Students
NC School Report Card
School Improvement Plan
Federal Programs (Title I) Information
Blackburn Parent Engagement Policy
Our Goals for Staff and Students
The Health & Safety of our Staff & Students is a Top Priority
We take proactive steps to ensure the safety of every student, teacher and administrator, relying on both state-of-the-art and common-sense solutions to protect our schools.
"See Something, Say Something" Anonymous Reporting System
This service is designed to help you anonymously and securely report anything that's scaring or endangering you, your friends or your family. You don't need to be afraid to contact us. You never have to give us your name if you don't want to.
We take your security seriously at Catawba County Schools, and we will do everything we can to resolve your concern as quickly and as safely as possible.
- In the event of an Emergency Dial 9-1-1
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- The Anonymous Tip Line is monitored Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.